Thank you Brett Stamm for this homework challenge. I have been slacking on the blogging. All my time has been focused into logging hours/assignment into principal prep program and my masters classes.
11 Facts About Me
1. I am short but feisty!
2. I am very passionate about teaching and learning.
3. I might be the biggest Texas Tech fan that never directly attended Texas Tech University (only a branch college called Angelo State University).
4. Twitter is my super power!
5. I love summer (because I have a pool)!
6. I was born and raised in Texas and don't intend to leave this great state anytime soon.
7. I have an AMAZING husband that willing went to a professional development session for teachers and he is not even a teacher!
8. I have two daughters that are polar opposites but so uniquely special. One is full of fear but is an amazing gymnast, the other is fearless but is so clumbsy.
9. I bought a Lexus so I could get free valet parking to the Texas Rangers games.
10. My husband brews beer and I have only approved of one of the brews.
11. I live in a log house.
Answers to Brett Stamm's Questions
1. Best professional book you've ready lately? I just re-read Teach Like A Pirate because I had lunch with the author and he gave me a signed copy. I was not feeling very motivated so I read it and BOOM...motivation was back!
2. Favorite movie? (This said favorite move...the running man?? but I think it was supposed to be movie). Facing the Giants...However the new Disney movie Frozen is a close second.
3. Tell about your favorite teacher. My favorite teacher was Weldon Edwards. He was my senior English teacher. There were 25 students in honors English and all but 5 of us dropped out of honors to have an "easier" teacher. He was the most challenging teacher I have ever had and I have so much respect for this man.
4. If you weren't an educator, what would you be doing? I would probably still be working as auto insurance claims adjuster. I would love to be a crime scene investigator. I love solving mysteries.
5. If budget was not an issue, what kind of car would you buy? I pretty darn happy with my Lexus. I might buy a new one with ALL the perks though.
6. What are you most passionate about in your job? My students!
7. How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
I love that commercial!
8. Name three people you most want to meet? Paula Deen, Adam Levine and Kliff Kingsbury
9. Favorite song? This changes all the time but my daughter would say "Pour Some Sugar on Me" is my favorite song because I sing it a lot. "Carry on My Wayward Son" would be up there too!
10. Describe your favorite family tradition. We eat peas and dumplings at every holiday meal (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter). I thought everyone did this, but I was wrong. 11. Pick one of your hobbies. What does it say about you? Cooking and Baking...it says that I love to "feed" people. As a teacher this is metaphorically what I do everyday!
My nominations for the blogging Challenge:
Hal Roberts (@HaLRoberts)
Dave Burgess (@burgess_dave)
Jessica Anderson (@triscicurious)
Jess Henze (@jhenze44)
Emily Koehler (@sdsu_emko)
Tomas Rodriguez (@coachtrodriguez)
Paul Kopp (@p_kopp)
Paul Solarz (@PaulSolarz)
Keith Vanderluis (@mrvandersluis)
Dayson Pasoin (@MrDpasion)
Amanda Cavin (@CavinAmandacav)
If you are not a blogger....start one...this can be your first post! Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
Hear are your 11 questions!
1. Do you prefer hot or cold weather?
2. How many of the 50 states have you visited?
3. Where do you want to go for summer vacation?
4. Who is one person on twitter that you want to meet in person?
5. Why did you decide to answer this blog challenge?
6. What is your dream job?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. What radio station is #1 on you pre-programmed stations?
9. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?
10. Have you ever been to Disney World?
11. What is your career goal as an educator?
Homework is stupid and overrated UNLESS it has personal meaning! Get busy blogging! Thanks Brett for putting my feet to the fire!